WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Wichita police say an off-duty captain accused of pushing a teenage referee during a youth basketball game has been placed on paid administrative leave.
The Wichita Eagle reports that the confrontation happened Saturday in the town of Augusta, which is just east of Wichita. A video of the confrontation has been shared thousands of times since it was posted to Facebook.
Officer Charley Davidson said Tuesday the captain is on paid administrative leave pending a police investigation and internal review. A spokesman with the Augusta Police Department says the department is investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Obama delivers veiled rebuke to Trump in Mandela address WATCH
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com