SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah (AP) — South Salt Lake police say a bystander was shot and wounded in the foot in a gang-related shooting near a convenience store.
Police say the incident occurred Saturday when two boys 16 and 17 years old opened fire on a vehicle that had stopped at a traffic light and its occupants and the boys began exchanging gang signs.
Police say it’s not clear whether the car’s occupants also fired.
The car drove off after the shooting but police searched for the two boys and took them into custody after finding them hiding in a garage.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- Family dog dies protecting kids from mountain lion in Colorado
Police say the injured 32-year-old bystander was released from a hospital after treatment