MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama say the man accused of fatally stabbing his girlfriend was knocked out by her brother who tried to stop the attack.
AL.com cites a release from Mobile police that says officers responding to a report of a stabbing early Monday found the 49-year-old woman had been stabbed multiple times by her 44-year-old boyfriend. The release says the victim’s brother had stabbed and knocked out the suspect to stop the attack.
The woman died at the hospital. The suspect remains in critical condition at a hospital, where he’s being guarded by police.
No identities have been released. Further details weren’t immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Behind Jimmy Carter’s defeat, a clandestine trip and a four-decade secret
- Her mother disappeared. Then her babysitter. A lawman fears she might be next VIEW
- This dress survived for more than 3 centuries at the bottom of the sea
- Meet the raccoon dog, creature that could be behind COVID outbreak
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews