MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama say the man accused of fatally stabbing his girlfriend was knocked out by her brother who tried to stop the attack.
AL.com cites a release from Mobile police that says officers responding to a report of a stabbing early Monday found the 49-year-old woman had been stabbed multiple times by her 44-year-old boyfriend. The release says the victim’s brother had stabbed and knocked out the suspect to stop the attack.
The woman died at the hospital. The suspect remains in critical condition at a hospital, where he’s being guarded by police.
No identities have been released. Further details weren’t immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews