GREENWOOD, Ind. (AP) — Police say a brawl at a Sikh temple in suburban Indianapolis has left four people with minor injuries.
Greenwood Assistant Police Chief Matthew Fillenwarth says police and medics responded Sunday to a verbal and physical fight involving about 150 people at the Gurdwara Sikh temple in the city just south of Indianapolis.
He tells WISH-TV the altercation began as there was a change of leadership within the temple that he says happens every two years. Fillenwarth says it’s believed that there was a worship service going on when the fight broke out.
Fillenwarth says four people suffered minor injuries and were taken to a hospital, where they will be questioned by police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- HQ Trivia co-founder dies apparently of drug overdose, police say
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
Police are reviewing surveillance video from the temple and interviewing other participants in the fight.
Information from: WISH-TV, http://www.wishtv.com/