GREENWOOD, Ind. (AP) — Police say a brawl at a Sikh temple in suburban Indianapolis has left four people with minor injuries.
Greenwood Assistant Police Chief Matthew Fillenwarth says police and medics responded Sunday to a verbal and physical fight involving about 150 people at the Gurdwara Sikh temple in the city just south of Indianapolis.
He tells WISH-TV the altercation began as there was a change of leadership within the temple that he says happens every two years. Fillenwarth says it’s believed that there was a worship service going on when the fight broke out.
Fillenwarth says four people suffered minor injuries and were taken to a hospital, where they will be questioned by police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
Police are reviewing surveillance video from the temple and interviewing other participants in the fight.
Information from: WISH-TV, http://www.wishtv.com/