GREENWOOD, Ind. (AP) — Police say a brawl at a Sikh temple in suburban Indianapolis has left four people with minor injuries.
Greenwood Assistant Police Chief Matthew Fillenwarth says police and medics responded Sunday to a verbal and physical fight involving about 150 people at the Gurdwara Sikh temple in the city just south of Indianapolis.
He tells WISH-TV the altercation began as there was a change of leadership within the temple that he says happens every two years. Fillenwarth says it’s believed that there was a worship service going on when the fight broke out.
Fillenwarth says four people suffered minor injuries and were taken to a hospital, where they will be questioned by police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks
Police are reviewing surveillance video from the temple and interviewing other participants in the fight.
Information from: WISH-TV, http://www.wishtv.com/