ROANOKE, Va. (AP) — Police say a 2-year-old who accidentally shot himself has died.
The Roanoke Times reports the boy accidentally shot himself in Roanoke on Tuesday.
Police spokeswoman Caitlyn Cline says people in a car flagged down police around noon. A woman and man in the vehicle told an officer their son had accidentally shot himself at their residence.
Cline says the boy was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead. Police are still working to determine what led up to the shooting. The newspaper says no charges have been filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- 4 Americans among 5 dead in Costa Rica rafting accident
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
- Hurricane Willa a Category 4 storm in Pacific off Mexico
Information from: The Roanoke Times, http://www.roanoke.com