ROANOKE, Va. (AP) — Police say a 2-year-old who accidentally shot himself has died.
The Roanoke Times reports the boy accidentally shot himself in Roanoke on Tuesday.
Police spokeswoman Caitlyn Cline says people in a car flagged down police around noon. A woman and man in the vehicle told an officer their son had accidentally shot himself at their residence.
Cline says the boy was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead. Police are still working to determine what led up to the shooting. The newspaper says no charges have been filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- 5 things to watch this week in the Mueller probe
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH
Information from: The Roanoke Times, http://www.roanoke.com