ROANOKE, Va. (AP) — Police say a 2-year-old who accidentally shot himself has died.
The Roanoke Times reports the boy accidentally shot himself in Roanoke on Tuesday.
Police spokeswoman Caitlyn Cline says people in a car flagged down police around noon. A woman and man in the vehicle told an officer their son had accidentally shot himself at their residence.
Cline says the boy was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead. Police are still working to determine what led up to the shooting. The newspaper says no charges have been filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- What is 'milkshaking?' Ask the Brits hurling drinks at right-wing candidates
Information from: The Roanoke Times, http://www.roanoke.com