BARNET, Vt. (AP) — Vermont State Police detectives say a man whose body was found in a Barnet snowbank was shot to death and the case is being investigated as a homicide.
The victim, found late Sunday afternoon, has been tentatively identified as 49-year-old Greg Davis, of Danville.
An autopsy found the victim died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head and torso.
Investigators say the shooting was not a random incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Archaeologists discover 'massive' ancient building in Egypt VIEW
- Mormon women’s group aims call for probe of Kavanaugh allegations at LDS senators
Detectives from the major crimes unit are working with the Caledonia County State’s Attorney. They are being assisted by the FBI, the U.S. Marshal Service and the office of the United States Attorney.