BARNET, Vt. (AP) — Vermont State Police detectives say a man whose body was found in a Barnet snowbank was shot to death and the case is being investigated as a homicide.
The victim, found late Sunday afternoon, has been tentatively identified as 49-year-old Greg Davis, of Danville.
An autopsy found the victim died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head and torso.
Investigators say the shooting was not a random incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Detectives from the major crimes unit are working with the Caledonia County State’s Attorney. They are being assisted by the FBI, the U.S. Marshal Service and the office of the United States Attorney.