BARNET, Vt. (AP) — Vermont State Police detectives say a man whose body was found in a Barnet snowbank was shot to death and the case is being investigated as a homicide.
The victim, found late Sunday afternoon, has been tentatively identified as 49-year-old Greg Davis, of Danville.
An autopsy found the victim died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head and torso.
Investigators say the shooting was not a random incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
Detectives from the major crimes unit are working with the Caledonia County State’s Attorney. They are being assisted by the FBI, the U.S. Marshal Service and the office of the United States Attorney.