BARNET, Vt. (AP) — Vermont State Police detectives say a man whose body was found in a Barnet snowbank was shot to death and the case is being investigated as a homicide.
The victim, found late Sunday afternoon, has been tentatively identified as 49-year-old Greg Davis, of Danville.
An autopsy found the victim died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head and torso.
Investigators say the shooting was not a random incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Detectives from the major crimes unit are working with the Caledonia County State’s Attorney. They are being assisted by the FBI, the U.S. Marshal Service and the office of the United States Attorney.