ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — Police in Virginia say a body found in Woodlawn Park has been positively identified as a missing 16-year-old.
Fairfax County police said in a statement Monday that their homicide detectives were able to confirm the identity of the body as Jholie Moussa during an autopsy at the office of the chief medical examiner. The autopsy results are pending.
Police say Moussa body was found in Woodlawn Park on Friday. They have said that the body was almost entirely covered by leaves and brush.
Police said Monday that they believe this is an isolated incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
- AP Exclusive: Adoptee deported by US sues S. Korea, agency
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- How anonymous tweets helped ignite a national controversy over MAGA hat teens
- Nathan Phillips, Native American in standoff with teens, faces scrutiny of his military past