ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — Police in Virginia say a body found in Woodlawn Park has been positively identified as a missing 16-year-old.
Fairfax County police said in a statement Monday that their homicide detectives were able to confirm the identity of the body as Jholie Moussa during an autopsy at the office of the chief medical examiner. The autopsy results are pending.
Police say Moussa body was found in Woodlawn Park on Friday. They have said that the body was almost entirely covered by leaves and brush.
Police said Monday that they believe this is an isolated incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect