ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — Police in Virginia say a body found in Woodlawn Park has been positively identified as a missing 16-year-old.
Fairfax County police said in a statement Monday that their homicide detectives were able to confirm the identity of the body as Jholie Moussa during an autopsy at the office of the chief medical examiner. The autopsy results are pending.
Police say Moussa body was found in Woodlawn Park on Friday. They have said that the body was almost entirely covered by leaves and brush.
Police said Monday that they believe this is an isolated incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'