PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Police say the state medical examiner’s office is trying to determine the cause of death after finding a body believed to be that of a missing woman from Baldwin.
The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Department says a woman’s body was found Wednesday near the home of Lawrene Alexander, who was last heard from Dec. 20.
Officials made the announcement on Thursday but are providing few details.
Officials say Alexander had a mental health diagnosis and had disappeared before, but had always checked in with relatives. Her body was found in woods near her home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- An excavation in the sea depths recovers Hercules from the afterlife