PHOENIX (AP) — Police have started a search of a landfill southwest of Phoenix for the remains of a missing 34-year-old woman believed to be a homicide victim.
Monday marked the beginning of what could be a nine-week search for Christine Mustafa’s body at the landfill.
She has been missing since May 11.
Police believe her body is at the landfill.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
Ex-boyfriend Robert John Interval has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in her death.
His trial is scheduled for Feb. 22.
Family members told police that Mustafa feared Interval and planned to leave him. Police checking on Mustafa found her car, purse and cellphone at the couple’s home.