LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) — Police say an employee of a Pennsylvania bar fired a gun during a New Year’s event after a patron picked up a table and acted as if he were going to swing it as a weapon.
Lancaster police arrived at the bar shortly after 1 a.m. Monday and were told that a worker fired a single shot during the commotion. No one was injured.
Police say the employee has a valid permit to carry the weapon.
No charges have been filed. Police continue to investigate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW