PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) — A Florida couple has been charged with child neglect after police say they left their 10-month-old baby in a tub and the child nearly drowned.
Panama City police say Dakota James Panco and Sierra Rain Panco, both 22, left the baby alone in the tub Monday while she cleaned the kitchen and he watched TV. They found the child floating in the water, blue and unresponsive.
The Panama City News Herald (http://tinyurl.com/nmygex5) reports police tracked down the couple after Sierra Panco posted something about the incident on social media.
Child welfare officials took custody of the baby.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Motorcycle stunt rider Alex Harvill dies while trying to break world record in Moses Lake
- US-Canada border restrictions extended until July 21
- A teen buys repossessed storage units at auction, then gives the contents back to the original owners
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Woman falls to death at indoor climbing gym
Panama City police said the infant was released from a hospital Wednesday, but the child welfare officials had readmitted the infant to an area hospital on Thursday for unspecified treatment.
Information from: The (Panama City, Fla.) News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com