VIENNA (AP) — Police say an Austrian attacker was shot and killed by the guard he wounded outside the Iranian ambassador’s residence in Vienna.
Police spokesman Harald Soros said the guard was wounded in the arm before he shot the attacker dead shortly before midnight Sunday.
The spokesman said the attacker was a 26-year-old Austrian man. The motive for the attack was not clear.
Police ordered reinforcements around all diplomatic missions in the Austrian capital, which is also home to many international organizations.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH