LAS VEGAS (AP) — Police in Las Vegas have arrested a suspect in the fatal shooting of a driver.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports 35-year-old Joel Serrano was arrested Wednesday on charges of murder and conspiracy to commit murder.
Police earlier this week responded to an industrial area west of the Las Vegas Strip where a man had crashed a sport utility vehicle into buildings, vehicles and a light pole after being shot multiple times at a warehouse parking lot.
The man was later identified as 50-year-old Dennis Dillard Jr. He was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- Are allergies making you tired, or is it COVID … or something else?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Miami Beach struggles with spring break violence, big crowds VIEW
- How immune are we? Why knowing this is essential for post-pandemic life
Serrano is at the Clark County Detention Center. He is scheduled to appear in court Thursday. Court records do not list an attorney who could comment on his behalf.
Information from: Las Vegas Review-Journal, http://www.lvrj.com