FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) — Police have arrested a man in connection to a fatal shooting at a Fairbanks motel.
Police said 21-year-old Leron Roland was arrested on a first-degree murder charge for the Friday morning shooting at Alaska Motor Inn. Roland was arrested at a house without incident on a warrant.
Police said 25-year-old Todd Demoski was killed in the shooting. Officers found him in a common area of the motel suffering from a gunshot wound. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
Police spokeswoman Yumi McCulloch said she didn’t know if the men knew each other.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She bought her dream home; a ‘sovereign citizen’ changed the locks
- Investigators probe deadly Amtrak derailment in Montana
- Huge hack reveals embarrassing details of who's behind Proud Boys and other far-right websites
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events