FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) — Police have arrested a man in connection to a fatal shooting at a Fairbanks motel.
Police said 21-year-old Leron Roland was arrested on a first-degree murder charge for the Friday morning shooting at Alaska Motor Inn. Roland was arrested at a house without incident on a warrant.
Police said 25-year-old Todd Demoski was killed in the shooting. Officers found him in a common area of the motel suffering from a gunshot wound. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
Police spokeswoman Yumi McCulloch said she didn’t know if the men knew each other.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- This service will let you cut long TSA lines for free this summer
- 8 young workers at drug cartel call center killed, bodies placed in bags
- Major dam collapses in southern Ukraine, flooding villages as Moscow and Kyiv trade blame WATCH
- He kissed his family goodbye. Their private plane never made it home.
- These academics studied falsehoods spread by Trump. Now the GOP wants answers