ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. (AP) — Vermont State Police say they’ve made an arrest in connection with the death of a man found after his home was destroyed by fire.
The body of 52-year-old Timothy Persons was found last week in St. Johnsbury.
Police say they interviewed 30-year-old Allen Draper, of St. Johnsbury, on Saturday. They took him into custody after finding that he was in violation of his probation.
Police now believe that Draper caused Persons’ death and have arrested him on charges of first-degree murder; first-degree arson; assault; robbery; false information to police; and being a habitual offender.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
Draper was scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday afternoon. It wasn’t immediately known if he had a lawyer.