HONOLULU (AP) — Police say a 41-year-old man was shot to death while trying to enter a home in Ewa Beach.
Police arrested a 33-year-old man in connection to the Sunday morning shooting. He was booked on suspicion of second-degree murder.
Police said the victim tried to open the front door of the suspect’s home when the suspect shot him.
First responders arrived and found the victim with a gunshot wound. He died at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- 5 things to watch this week in the Mueller probe
- 4 journalists and a newspaper are Time's Person of the Year
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- 'Truth isn't truth' tops list of notable quotes in 2018
Police said the suspect and victim did not know each other. They did not say why the victim was trying to enter the home.