HONOLULU (AP) — Police say a 41-year-old man was shot to death while trying to enter a home in Ewa Beach.
Police arrested a 33-year-old man in connection to the Sunday morning shooting. He was booked on suspicion of second-degree murder.
Police said the victim tried to open the front door of the suspect’s home when the suspect shot him.
First responders arrived and found the victim with a gunshot wound. He died at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
Police said the suspect and victim did not know each other. They did not say why the victim was trying to enter the home.