HONOLULU (AP) — Police say a 41-year-old man was shot to death while trying to enter a home in Ewa Beach.
Police arrested a 33-year-old man in connection to the Sunday morning shooting. He was booked on suspicion of second-degree murder.
Police said the victim tried to open the front door of the suspect’s home when the suspect shot him.
First responders arrived and found the victim with a gunshot wound. He died at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
Police said the suspect and victim did not know each other. They did not say why the victim was trying to enter the home.