BATH, Maine (AP) — Maine police say a 14-year-old boy has been charged with threatening people at a Bath YMCA with a BB gun that resembled an actual handgun.
Bath Police Lt. Robert Savary says the YMCA went into lockdown Monday afternoon, and responding police were able to quickly identify the boy. The Portland Press Herald reports the 14-year-old teenager was taken into custody and charged with criminal threatening.
The teen was taken to a youth detention center in South Portland after he was booked at the Bath Police Department. He is scheduled to appear in District Court on Dec. 4.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
Information from: Portland Press Herald, http://www.pressherald.com