BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — A 45-year-old teacher’s aide has been accused of carrying on a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy that she once taught in preschool.
The Connecticut Post reports (http://bit.ly/1kemLOy ) Kyle Damato-Kushel was arraigned Monday on charges of sexual assault, impairing the morals of a child and tampering with a witness. She didn’t enter a plea.
Police say the victim told officers he had been having sex with Damato-Kushel since the summer of 2013, when he was in seventh grade. The victim allegedly got Damato-Kushel pregnant at one point but she had a miscarriage.
Police say Damato-Kushel’s DNA was found in the boy’s underwear. They say the former aide at Wooster Middle School in Fairfield County offered the victim $900 if he didn’t reveal their relationship.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man kills 6, then self, at Colorado birthday party shooting
- Can you have alcohol after the COVID vaccine?
- After leading a 153-person hike in the Grand Canyon, a Washington health-care exec faces federal charges
- 1 dead, 7 wounded in shooting at downtown Phoenix hotel
- Mom who gave birth on flight didn't know she was pregnant
Damato-Kushel declined comment as she left the courthouse.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com