NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — About a dozen people in New Jersey have become ill after police say they apparently ingested the synthetic marijuana K2.
Police in Newark responded Thursday night to a report of a sick person foaming at the mouth in the city. When they arrived at the scene, they say they found about 12 people experiencing similar symptoms.
They were taken to area hospitals. No fatalities have been reported.
Police say they’re investigating the source and working to identify the distributor of the synthetic marijuana.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
No other information was immediately available.