DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — Police say an 81-year-old Ohio man killed his wife after an argument and then drove himself to jail.
The Dayton Daily News reports (http://bit.ly/2q1JwsU ) Donald Cleaver showed up at a county jail early Friday after 70-year-old Mary Cleaver was stabbed to death at the couple’s home in Dayton.
Police say a neighbor called 911 around 1 a.m. and told a dispatcher that Donald Cleaver had said he’d killed his wife and was “getting ready to head to the jail.” Cleaver then showed up at the Montgomery County Jail, where he was booked.
Homicide detectives say it appears that Cleaver stabbed his wife after she went to bed.
Most Read Stories
- It looked ugly on TV, but Doug Baldwin’s uncontrolled emotion helped Seahawks beat Giants
- Amazon receives 238 bids for its second headquarters
- Judge confirms $17.5M award for fired Swedish Health neurosurgeon
- Monday's NFL news might only make it harder for Seahawks to pull off a trade to help offensive line
- Searchers find 2 hikers missing along Pacific Crest Trail
Police say the case will be presented to a prosecutor for filing criminal charges.