RICHMOND HEIGHTS, Fla. (AP) — Police say a 7-year-old boy was killed in a drive-by shooting Sunday while visiting family in southwest Miami-Dade for the holidays.
According to The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/1UceB5x ) Miami-Dade Police officer Juan Perez said the shooting, in Richmond Heights, about 24 miles southwest of Miami, involved a high-powered rifle.
Police said four men pulled up in a vehicle and shot at the house around 3:30 p.m.
Police were searching for a white, four-door Dodge Ram with tinted window believed to be involved.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Northwest is in for a cold, stormy winter, NOAA predicts
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Pranksters have already defaced Trump's new social network
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- Sheriff says family on California hike died of extreme heat
Relatives of the victim said his name is Amir and that he was visiting their house. They said he was coming out of the house when the shooting started.
Miami-Dade Commissioner Dennis Moss said, “It’s our worst nightmare realized.”
Police continued to investigate Sunday night.