RICHMOND HEIGHTS, Fla. (AP) — Police say a 7-year-old boy was killed in a drive-by shooting Sunday while visiting family in southwest Miami-Dade for the holidays.
According to The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/1UceB5x ) Miami-Dade Police officer Juan Perez said the shooting, in Richmond Heights, about 24 miles southwest of Miami, involved a high-powered rifle.
Police said four men pulled up in a vehicle and shot at the house around 3:30 p.m.
Police were searching for a white, four-door Dodge Ram with tinted window believed to be involved.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- CDC reverses itself, says new guidelines on coronavirus transmission were posted in error
- N95 masks save lives. So why are they still hard to get this far into a pandemic?
- CDC quietly issues new guidance on how coronavirus spreads
- ‘We May Be Surprised Again’: An Unpredictable Pandemic Takes a Terrible Toll
Relatives of the victim said his name is Amir and that he was visiting their house. They said he was coming out of the house when the shooting started.
Miami-Dade Commissioner Dennis Moss said, “It’s our worst nightmare realized.”
Police continued to investigate Sunday night.