RICHMOND HEIGHTS, Fla. (AP) — Police say a 7-year-old boy was killed in a drive-by shooting Sunday while visiting family in southwest Miami-Dade for the holidays.
According to The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/1UceB5x ) Miami-Dade Police officer Juan Perez said the shooting, in Richmond Heights, about 24 miles southwest of Miami, involved a high-powered rifle.
Police said four men pulled up in a vehicle and shot at the house around 3:30 p.m.
Police were searching for a white, four-door Dodge Ram with tinted window believed to be involved.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The handwarming story of how Bernie Sanders got his inauguration mittens
- ‘A total failure’: The Proud Boys now mock Trump
- The woman behind Michelle Obama's instantly iconic hair
- Hank Aaron, baseball great who became voice for civil rights, dies at 86
- The final U.S. county to get COVID-19? A remote Hawaiian outpost and former leper colony
Relatives of the victim said his name is Amir and that he was visiting their house. They said he was coming out of the house when the shooting started.
Miami-Dade Commissioner Dennis Moss said, “It’s our worst nightmare realized.”
Police continued to investigate Sunday night.