HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Police in Connecticut have arrested the parents of a seriously injured 6-week-old baby who is not expected to survive.
Hartford police say 23-year-old Edwin Babilonia and 20-year-old Ashley Perez were arrested Friday on charges of cruelty to persons and leaving a child under 12 unsupervised.
Deputy Chief Brian Foley says the baby was taken to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center on Thursday with cranial bleeding, severe bruising, rib fractures and a collarbone fracture.
The baby continues to receive emergency care, but Foley says police “believe this case is headed to a fatality.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fake images of Trump arrest show 'giant step' for AI's disruptive power
- What to know about the eyedrops linked to deaths and vision loss
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- End of the rainbow? California bill would ban sales of Skittles, other 'toxic' snacks
- A tree fell, killing two children. Their parents are now warning others
Babilonia and Perez are being held on $500,000 bond each. It was not immediately clear if they have a lawyer.