HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Police in Connecticut have arrested the parents of a seriously injured 6-week-old baby who is not expected to survive.
Hartford police say 23-year-old Edwin Babilonia and 20-year-old Ashley Perez were arrested Friday on charges of cruelty to persons and leaving a child under 12 unsupervised.
Deputy Chief Brian Foley says the baby was taken to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center on Thursday with cranial bleeding, severe bruising, rib fractures and a collarbone fracture.
The baby continues to receive emergency care, but Foley says police “believe this case is headed to a fatality.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Babilonia and Perez are being held on $500,000 bond each. It was not immediately clear if they have a lawyer.