BALTIMORE (AP) — Police say six people have been shot, two fatally, in front of a northwest Baltimore store.
Spokesman T.J. Smith said at a news conference near the Stop 1 Convenience Store in the Windsor Hills neighborhood that a lone gunman fired on people standing in front of the store at about 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Smith says one man was pronounced dead at the scene; a second was pronounced dead at a hospital. Police say a third man was critically wounded, and a fourth man and two women had non-life-threatening injuries.
Smith says detectives believe the shooting was retaliation for a homicide in the area several days ago.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
Police said the shooter fled on foot. Smith says officers have a limited description of the suspect and urged witnesses to come forward.