AMITE, La. (AP) — Authorities say a 4-year-old boy brought a loaded pistol into his elementary school and that his parents have been charged with contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.
WDSU-TV quotes (http://bit.ly/1kAC5G2 ) Amite Police Chief Jerry Trabona as saying the 4-year-old boy brought a loaded .22-caliber pistol to Amite Elementary Magnet School and showed it to his friends.
Trabona says the boy put the handgun into his book bag when he saw it in his parents’ car.
A fellow student told a teacher about the gun and school officials called in the authorities.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- TikToker ate just McDonald’s for 100 days — and lost 58 pounds
- No survivors found after plane that flew over DC, led to fighter jets scramble crashes in Virginia
- Colleagues want a 95-year-old judge to retire. She's suing them instead
- Loss of oxygen in cabin may have led to Virginia plane crash, experts say
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Police charged 30-year-old Kenisha Steptoe and 36-year-old Kenji Steptoe with contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile — a misdemeanor.
Information from: WDSU-TV, http://www.wdsu.com