MESA, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say four people were injured in two collisions involving five vehicles, including one that was driving the wrong way on a Mesa freeway.
Highway Patrol Trooper Kameron Lee says the wrong-way vehicle collided nearly head-on with another car in northbound lanes on the Loop 101 freeway early Friday morning and that three other vehicles collided traffic came to a standstill.
One of those vehicles rolled over.
Lee says none of the injuries appear to be life-threatening and that investigators suspected the 26-year-old wrong-way driver was impaired.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
Northbound lanes of Loop 101 were closed at Guadalupe Road were closed for several hours. Southbound lanes remained open.