MESA, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say four people were injured in two collisions involving five vehicles, including one that was driving the wrong way on a Mesa freeway.
Highway Patrol Trooper Kameron Lee says the wrong-way vehicle collided nearly head-on with another car in northbound lanes on the Loop 101 freeway early Friday morning and that three other vehicles collided traffic came to a standstill.
One of those vehicles rolled over.
Lee says none of the injuries appear to be life-threatening and that investigators suspected the 26-year-old wrong-way driver was impaired.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
Northbound lanes of Loop 101 were closed at Guadalupe Road were closed for several hours. Southbound lanes remained open.