MESA, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say four people were injured in two collisions involving five vehicles, including one that was driving the wrong way on a Mesa freeway.
Highway Patrol Trooper Kameron Lee says the wrong-way vehicle collided nearly head-on with another car in northbound lanes on the Loop 101 freeway early Friday morning and that three other vehicles collided traffic came to a standstill.
One of those vehicles rolled over.
Lee says none of the injuries appear to be life-threatening and that investigators suspected the 26-year-old wrong-way driver was impaired.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Northbound lanes of Loop 101 were closed at Guadalupe Road were closed for several hours. Southbound lanes remained open.