POTOMAC, Md. (AP) — Police say two people have died after a vehicle they were riding in was in a collision with another vehicle in Maryland.
A Montgomery County police news release says 25-year-olds Hersh Bhansaly and Brian Everett Laurence died of their injuries. They were rear-seat passengers in the Mercedes-Benz and died at a hospital.
Police say the Ford traveling westbound collided with the Mercedes that was traveling eastbound in Potomac on Friday night.
The operator of the Mercedes was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Another passenger in that vehicle was also taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
Police say the Ford’s operators and her two female passengers were juveniles. They described their injuries as non-life-threatening.
An investigation is ongoing.