ATLANTA (AP) — Two additional people wanted on murder and human-trafficking charges have been arrested after authorities say a 14-year-old girl in Florida fatally overdosed on pills she was told would help her forget about having sex with men.
Atlanta police Sgt. Warren Pickard says 20-year-old Karla Alsina and 26-year-old Arthur Coleman were arrested Saturday evening. News outlets report Orlando police arrested 19-year-old Avorice Holman and 22-year-old Jose Santiago-Sotomayor on Wednesday.
The four are accused of luring the 14-year-old and a 15-year-old girl into prostitution in August.
Police say the younger girl overdosed on a combination of Xanax and the cold medicine dextromethorphan on Aug. 14. The 15-year-old has since been rescued.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
The suspects each face multiple charges including first-degree murder and human trafficking of a child. It’s unclear whether they have attorneys.