ABERDEEN, Md. (AP) — Police say a vehicle chase led them to seize a .45-caliber handgun and thousands of rounds of ammunition and arrest two Maryland men.
Aberdeen police Sgt. Shannon Persuhn tells The Aegis in a statement 37-year-old Brandon Tyre Jones was stopped for a window tint violation before fleeing minutes later.
Police say evidence found in Jones’ car was used to get a search warrant for a residence where they found the gun and the more than 9,000 rounds of various calibers early Thursday. There police arrested 36-year-old Andre Evans-El on charges including weapons possession by a felon.
Court records say Evans-El was held on $5,000 bond and released from jail Thursday. Jones is held without bond on several charges including disorderly conduct and reckless endangerment. It’s unclear if they have attorneys.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com