ABERDEEN, Md. (AP) — Police say a vehicle chase led them to seize a .45-caliber handgun and thousands of rounds of ammunition and arrest two Maryland men.
Aberdeen police Sgt. Shannon Persuhn tells The Aegis in a statement 37-year-old Brandon Tyre Jones was stopped for a window tint violation before fleeing minutes later.
Police say evidence found in Jones’ car was used to get a search warrant for a residence where they found the gun and the more than 9,000 rounds of various calibers early Thursday. There police arrested 36-year-old Andre Evans-El on charges including weapons possession by a felon.
Court records say Evans-El was held on $5,000 bond and released from jail Thursday. Jones is held without bond on several charges including disorderly conduct and reckless endangerment. It’s unclear if they have attorneys.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com