INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) — Independence authorities say two homeless people died in a dilapidated home where they apparently were squatters.
Detectives on Tuesday asked for the public’s help to investigate the fire on Dec. 23.
Firefighters found two bodies inside the vacant home, which was destroyed. They were identified as 27-year-old Alexandria Wickman and 43-year-old Shawn Hansen.
Police say the two were believed to be staying in the house. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports