INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) — Independence authorities say two homeless people died in a dilapidated home where they apparently were squatters.
Detectives on Tuesday asked for the public’s help to investigate the fire on Dec. 23.
Firefighters found two bodies inside the vacant home, which was destroyed. They were identified as 27-year-old Alexandria Wickman and 43-year-old Shawn Hansen.
Police say the two were believed to be staying in the house. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 29 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news