ELMA, N.Y. (AP) — New York State Police say a 16-year-old girl is dead after a car crossed over the dividing line and crashed into an SUV.
The crash happened Saturday morning in Elma, where the driver of an Audi crossed over the double yellow line and collided with an SUV travelling in the other direction. WGRZ-TV reports Rachel Lofaso was a passenger in the Audi and was taken to a hospital where she later died.
Police say four other people were injured in the crash and were taken to area hospitals for treatment.
Investigators say they are working to determine the cause of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: WGRZ-TV, http://www.wgrz.com