ELMA, N.Y. (AP) — New York State Police say a 16-year-old girl is dead after a car crossed over the dividing line and crashed into an SUV.
The crash happened Saturday morning in Elma, where the driver of an Audi crossed over the double yellow line and collided with an SUV travelling in the other direction. WGRZ-TV reports Rachel Lofaso was a passenger in the Audi and was taken to a hospital where she later died.
Police say four other people were injured in the crash and were taken to area hospitals for treatment.
Investigators say they are working to determine the cause of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Information from: WGRZ-TV, http://www.wgrz.com