CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Police in North Carolina say a 14-month-old girl has died from injuries she suffered in a traffic accident.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said in a news release on Wednesday that a car driven by 33-year-old Dora Del Carmen Sosa was behind a large truck. When Sosa changed lanes to pass the truck, there was a pickup truck stopped and waiting to turn left. Investigators said Sosa swerved around the pickup truck and into oncoming traffic, then collided with a car head-on.
Both Sosa and the driver of the other car were taken to the hospital with serious injuries. The child, whose name wasn’t released, was pronounced dead at the hospital.
A preliminary investigation showed the child was in an infant carrier which wasn’t being used correctly, and the child wasn’t properly restrained.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A hunt for clues in Hawaii after a tourist couple falls ill with coronavirus
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- Pizza sends record number of people to the ER
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Doctor’s suicide note has Chicago-area parents asking: Was my child really vaccinated?