CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Police in North Carolina say a 14-month-old girl has died from injuries she suffered in a traffic accident.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said in a news release on Wednesday that a car driven by 33-year-old Dora Del Carmen Sosa was behind a large truck. When Sosa changed lanes to pass the truck, there was a pickup truck stopped and waiting to turn left. Investigators said Sosa swerved around the pickup truck and into oncoming traffic, then collided with a car head-on.
Both Sosa and the driver of the other car were taken to the hospital with serious injuries. The child, whose name wasn’t released, was pronounced dead at the hospital.
A preliminary investigation showed the child was in an infant carrier which wasn’t being used correctly, and the child wasn’t properly restrained.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- 8 Years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by Manhattan DA
- A look at the revived allegations against Justice Kavanaugh
- Correction: US-Obit-Ocasek story
- Democratic candidates demand Kavanaugh impeachment after new allegation