AUBURN, Mass. (AP) — Police in Auburn are crediting a quick thinking 12-year-old girl with thwarting a man she saw breaking into her home.
Chief Andrew Sluckis Jr. says the girl hid in a closet and called 911 when a man broke in Monday afternoon.
After the suspect left, the girl came out of the closet and took a picture of the man as he tried to break into a neighbor’s home.
The suspect, identified as 53-year-old Clinton Joyce, of Worcester, was arrested a short time later. A police dog located a pry bar authorities believe was used in the break-ins.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New study finds 6 ways to slow memory decline and lower dementia risk
- How do you live to be 100? Good genes, getting outside and friends
- Why nonalcoholic beer beats regular beer after exercise
- Latest Santos chaos: 'Hiring' treasurer who turned down job
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Joyce was charged with attempted breaking and entering and malicious destruction of property.
Sluckis says Joyce is on probation and parole. It’s not clear if the suspect has a lawyer.