AUBURN, Mass. (AP) — Police in Auburn are crediting a quick thinking 12-year-old girl with thwarting a man she saw breaking into her home.
Chief Andrew Sluckis Jr. says the girl hid in a closet and called 911 when a man broke in Monday afternoon.
After the suspect left, the girl came out of the closet and took a picture of the man as he tried to break into a neighbor’s home.
The suspect, identified as 53-year-old Clinton Joyce, of Worcester, was arrested a short time later. A police dog located a pry bar authorities believe was used in the break-ins.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fauci on what working for Trump was really like
- Wealthy couple chartered a plane to the Yukon, took vaccines meant for Indigenous elders, authorities said
- The handwarming story of how Bernie Sanders got his inauguration mittens
- Supreme Court ends Trump emoluments lawsuits
- Biden may be stuck with some Trumpists
Joyce was charged with attempted breaking and entering and malicious destruction of property.
Sluckis says Joyce is on probation and parole. It’s not clear if the suspect has a lawyer.