AUBURN, Mass. (AP) — Police in Auburn are crediting a quick thinking 12-year-old girl with thwarting a man she saw breaking into her home.
Chief Andrew Sluckis Jr. says the girl hid in a closet and called 911 when a man broke in Monday afternoon.
After the suspect left, the girl came out of the closet and took a picture of the man as he tried to break into a neighbor’s home.
The suspect, identified as 53-year-old Clinton Joyce, of Worcester, was arrested a short time later. A police dog located a pry bar authorities believe was used in the break-ins.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Motorcycle stunt rider Alex Harvill dies while trying to break world record in Moses Lake
- US-Canada border restrictions extended until July 21
- A teen buys repossessed storage units at auction, then gives the contents back to the original owners
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Woman falls to death at indoor climbing gym
Joyce was charged with attempted breaking and entering and malicious destruction of property.
Sluckis says Joyce is on probation and parole. It’s not clear if the suspect has a lawyer.