HARRISONVILLE, Mo. (AP) — Authorities say a 12-year-old western Missouri boy fought off an attempted abduction by hitting the suspect with his skateboard.
KMBC-TV reports a Harrisonville woman told officers her son was walking home Thursday afternoon when a van drove up. When the driver, who was wearing a mask, told the boy to get in to the van, the boy hit him with his skateboard and ran off.
That van is described as a black mini-van with blacked-out windows, and a blue “Revenge” sticker in the back window.
The investigation is continuing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- A hiker went camping despite warnings about severe winter weather. Six rescuers in snowshoes had to save him.
Information from: KMBC-TV, http://www.kmbc.com