LAKEWOOD, Ohio (AP) — Police say a 1-year-old has died after falling from the ninth-floor window of a northeast Ohio apartment building.
It happened around 7 p.m. Wednesday in Lakewood. Police say the child fell on the backside of the building at the Castlewood Apartments into a gravel area.
Paramedics rushed the child to MetroHealth Medical Center, where the 1-year-old was taken into surgery. Police say they received word from the hospital late Wednesday night that the child had died.
Police are investigating what led to the fall.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At Alaska's most popular national park, climate change threatens the only road in and out
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Could this new version of an old grain help fight climate change and feed the world?
- Woman raped on train as bystanders did nothing, police say
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge