LAKEWOOD, Ohio (AP) — Police say a 1-year-old has died after falling from the ninth-floor window of a northeast Ohio apartment building.
It happened around 7 p.m. Wednesday in Lakewood. Police say the child fell on the backside of the building at the Castlewood Apartments into a gravel area.
Paramedics rushed the child to MetroHealth Medical Center, where the 1-year-old was taken into surgery. Police say they received word from the hospital late Wednesday night that the child had died.
Police are investigating what led to the fall.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After leading a 153-person hike in the Grand Canyon, a Washington health-care exec faces federal charges
- Sheriff: Girl shoots 3 at Idaho school; teacher disarms her
- Florida middle school killer dies in prison at 31
- Can you have alcohol after the COVID vaccine?
- The girl in the Kent State photo and the lifelong burden of being a national symbol