COLLINS, Miss. (AP) — Police say that a man they suspect of shooting someone at a chicken processing plant appears to have killed himself after a standoff.
Collins police tell local media Tuesday that 41-year-old Darren Jones was found after midnight Tuesday in his vehicle in a wooded area. He was later found dead after a three-hour standoff, having apparently shot himself.
Police say Jones shot another man in the back Monday afternoon at a Sanderson Farms plant in Collins, leaving the second man injured.
Collins Police Chief Joey Ponder says police believe the shooting resulted from a personal dispute between Jones and the victim. Officials say both worked at the plant.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
The name of the suspect injured in the shooting has not been released. The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation continues an inquiry.