COLLINS, Miss. (AP) — Police say that a man they suspect of shooting someone at a chicken processing plant appears to have killed himself after a standoff.
Collins police tell local media Tuesday that 41-year-old Darren Jones was found after midnight Tuesday in his vehicle in a wooded area. He was later found dead after a three-hour standoff, having apparently shot himself.
Police say Jones shot another man in the back Monday afternoon at a Sanderson Farms plant in Collins, leaving the second man injured.
Collins Police Chief Joey Ponder says police believe the shooting resulted from a personal dispute between Jones and the victim. Officials say both worked at the plant.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
The name of the suspect injured in the shooting has not been released. The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation continues an inquiry.