COLLINS, Miss. (AP) — Police say that a man they suspect of shooting someone at a chicken processing plant appears to have killed himself after a standoff.
Collins police tell local media Tuesday that 41-year-old Darren Jones was found after midnight Tuesday in his vehicle in a wooded area. He was later found dead after a three-hour standoff, having apparently shot himself.
Police say Jones shot another man in the back Monday afternoon at a Sanderson Farms plant in Collins, leaving the second man injured.
Collins Police Chief Joey Ponder says police believe the shooting resulted from a personal dispute between Jones and the victim. Officials say both worked at the plant.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Trump says summit with Putin was 'even better' than NATO meeting; Republicans criticize his Helsinki comments
The name of the suspect injured in the shooting has not been released. The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation continues an inquiry.