PHOENIX (AP) — Authorities say one person has been wounded in a drive-by shooting in the parking lot of a Phoenix hospital.
Police say the victim was shot in the leg and suffered non-life threatening injuries Thursday afternoon outside St. Joseph’s Hospital.
They say a man had some sort of altercation inside the hospital’s emergency room with two other people.
The three people were later in the parking lot when one of them pulled out a knife.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Dentist killed his wife on an African hunting trip, U.S. says
Witnesses say a vehicle drove by moments later and a passenger inside the vehicle opened fire.
One person was shot in the leg and the suspect with the knife fled the scene, but was later caught by an off-duty officer at the hospital.
Police say the shooter remains at large.