NEWINGTON, Conn. (AP) — One person has been found dead and another hospitalized following a standoff with police in a suburb of Hartford.
The Hartford Courant reports (http://cour.at/2jOdWAv ) Newington police are treating the Thursday morning incident as a homicide but didn’t immediately release further details.
Police Chief Stephen Clark told the Courant another person who he declined to identify was also taken to the hospital. He also said there was no longer a threat to the neighborhood.
Police from several area communities responded to the incident, including a heavily armed SWAT team. Police used a loud speaker to order a man out of the home. They also told residents to “shelter in place” and head to their basements at around 9:15 a.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Police say the incident was resolved by about 12:30 p.m.
Information from: Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com