LACONIA, N.H. (AP) — Police are investigating a fatal motorcycle crash that left one man dead in New Hampshire.
Laconia police say they responded to the crash before midnight Tuesday. Police are asking any witnesses to come forward.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to police, it appears that he was traveling in a northeast direction when he veered off the paved portion of the roadway, and he was ejected from the bike. Police didn’t provide further information or details about the crash in their initial statement.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- No private jets, no big house: Jimmy Carter an outlier among ex-presidents VIEW
- Garbage from Washington state's booming pot industry clogs gutters, sewers and landfills
- Wary of taking the fall, White House counsel cooperates with Mueller VIEW
- Another trial looms for ex-Trump campaign chairman Manafort
- British Columbia declares state of emergency over wildfires
A prominent, week-long motorcycle rally is under way in Laconia, but it is unclear whether the man was a visitor or participating in the events.