HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Police say a late-night crash in Connecticut has left one person dead and several others injured.
The crash happened around 10:50 p.m. in Hartford Tuesday. Police say a Toyota Corolla heading westbound crossed over the yellow lines and struck a Ford Escape heading eastbound head-on.
Authorities say the 22-year-old driver of the Toyota died and his three passengers have been hospitalized. Two women are in critical condition with head trauma, and one man has a broken hip.
Police say the two passengers of the Escape suffered minor injuries, including a broken arm. None of the victims’ identities have been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
Authorities say speed was a factor in the crash, as well as possibly icy road conditions.