HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Police say a late-night crash in Connecticut has left one person dead and several others injured.
The crash happened around 10:50 p.m. in Hartford Tuesday. Police say a Toyota Corolla heading westbound crossed over the yellow lines and struck a Ford Escape heading eastbound head-on.
Authorities say the 22-year-old driver of the Toyota died and his three passengers have been hospitalized. Two women are in critical condition with head trauma, and one man has a broken hip.
Police say the two passengers of the Escape suffered minor injuries, including a broken arm. None of the victims’ identities have been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Authorities say speed was a factor in the crash, as well as possibly icy road conditions.