HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Police say a late-night crash in Connecticut has left one person dead and several others injured.
The crash happened around 10:50 p.m. in Hartford Tuesday. Police say a Toyota Corolla heading westbound crossed over the yellow lines and struck a Ford Escape heading eastbound head-on.
Authorities say the 22-year-old driver of the Toyota died and his three passengers have been hospitalized. Two women are in critical condition with head trauma, and one man has a broken hip.
Police say the two passengers of the Escape suffered minor injuries, including a broken arm. None of the victims’ identities have been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
Authorities say speed was a factor in the crash, as well as possibly icy road conditions.