HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Police say a late-night crash in Connecticut has left one person dead and several others injured.
The crash happened around 10:50 p.m. in Hartford Tuesday. Police say a Toyota Corolla heading westbound crossed over the yellow lines and struck a Ford Escape heading eastbound head-on.
Authorities say the 22-year-old driver of the Toyota died and his three passengers have been hospitalized. Two women are in critical condition with head trauma, and one man has a broken hip.
Police say the two passengers of the Escape suffered minor injuries, including a broken arm. None of the victims’ identities have been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
Authorities say speed was a factor in the crash, as well as possibly icy road conditions.