HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Police say a 57-year-old man has died after driving through a front yard and crashing into a tree in Hartford.
Authorities say the man’s car left the road at an intersection at about 1:30 a.m. Monday and missed striking a house before coming to a stop at the tree.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
There were no other occupants in his vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What a 'super' El Niño could mean for winter weather in the U.S.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, trailblazer and champion of liberal priorities, dies at age 90
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Plane that crashed, killing Rep. Peltola's husband, had over 500 pounds of meat and antlers on board
- Proud Boy who disappeared ahead of his Jan. 6 sentencing was found unconscious by agents at his home
Police are still investigating.
Police say it was the 10th fatal crash in the city this year.