COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a car pulling into the driveway of a central Ohio home fatally struck a 2-year-old girl who was sitting or lying on the driveway while playing.
Columbus police say the toddler, Mya Canfield, died at a hospital after being hit on Sunday evening.
WSYX-TV reports that the girl’s uncle said he pulled the child from beneath the car and had tried to administer CPR with the help of a neighbor.
Police say the 52-year-old man who was driving the car has cooperated with officers investigating the apparent accident. No charges were immediately filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea