RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Robert Plant was famished after kicking off his U.S. tour with the Sensational Space Shifters in Raleigh, North Carolina, but the kitchen was closed when the Led Zeppelin frontman took his backing band to Garland, a top eatery in town.
The restaurant’s owners showed them a whole lotta love anyway, feeding them free of charge.
The News & Observer reports that Plant and his band were welcomed by Garland’s owners — James Beard Award-nominated chef Cheetie Kumar and her husband, Paul Siler, who also have a band together.
Kumar whipped up several small plates, including warm hummus, fried cauliflower and a beet and persimmon salad. In return, the band sang her “Happy Birthday” and invited the couple to Sunday’s Charlotte show.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- 12-year-old in China kills his mother, then returns to school, igniting an outcry
Information from: The News & Observer, http://www.newsobserver.com