RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Robert Plant was famished after kicking off his U.S. tour with the Sensational Space Shifters in Raleigh, North Carolina, but the kitchen was closed when the Led Zeppelin frontman took his backing band to Garland, a top eatery in town.
The restaurant’s owners showed them a whole lotta love anyway, feeding them free of charge.
The News & Observer reports that Plant and his band were welcomed by Garland’s owners — James Beard Award-nominated chef Cheetie Kumar and her husband, Paul Siler, who also have a band together.
Kumar whipped up several small plates, including warm hummus, fried cauliflower and a beet and persimmon salad. In return, the band sang her “Happy Birthday” and invited the couple to Sunday’s Charlotte show.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Information from: The News & Observer, http://www.newsobserver.com