JERUSALEM (AP) — The Israel Airports Authority says a German plane collided with an Israeli plane on the ground at Ben Gurion airport, causing damage but no injuries.
Spokesman Ofer Lefler said the tail end of a Germania aircraft destined for Berlin crashed into the tail end of an El Al flight bound for Rome early Wednesday.
He said “heavy damage was caused, mainly to the German plane,” but passengers were “not in any danger,” and were put on alternative flights. He said the rare incident is being investigated.
Footage shows the tail end of the German plane sliced open.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas