PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix fire officials say a flight has returned to Sky Harbor International Airport after several people on board began feeling ill.
Fire Capt. Larry Subervi says firefighters and a hazardous materials team were at the scene Friday morning to treat at least eight people on an American Airlines flight bound for Baltimore, Maryland.
Subervi says some people began complaining of nausea and dizziness from an odor on the plane.
The pilot turned the plane around as several people began experiencing the same symptoms.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.