PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say a pizza deliveryman was critically injured when he was ambushed and shot in north Philadelphia.
Officials say the 67-year-old man was lured by an apparent false call to the neighborhood at about 9 p.m. Monday and confronted by three men.
Sgt. Scott Small said one of the men shot him in the neck and the three fled, taking the pizza. It was unclear whether anything else was taken.
The man was rushed to Temple Medical Center, where he was reported in critical condition after surgery.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A North Carolina teen didn't come home. An iPhone app led her mother to a ravine.
- Massive blackout hits tens of millions in South America VIEW
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
The victim’s co-workers told WCAU-TV that the man is a grandfather who had worked at the restaurant for 20 years.