PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say a pizza deliveryman was critically injured when he was ambushed and shot in north Philadelphia.
Officials say the 67-year-old man was lured by an apparent false call to the neighborhood at about 9 p.m. Monday and confronted by three men.
Sgt. Scott Small said one of the men shot him in the neck and the three fled, taking the pizza. It was unclear whether anything else was taken.
The man was rushed to Temple Medical Center, where he was reported in critical condition after surgery.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
The victim’s co-workers told WCAU-TV that the man is a grandfather who had worked at the restaurant for 20 years.