PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say a pizza deliveryman was critically injured when he was ambushed and shot in north Philadelphia.
Officials say the 67-year-old man was lured by an apparent false call to the neighborhood at about 9 p.m. Monday and confronted by three men.
Sgt. Scott Small said one of the men shot him in the neck and the three fled, taking the pizza. It was unclear whether anything else was taken.
The man was rushed to Temple Medical Center, where he was reported in critical condition after surgery.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
The victim’s co-workers told WCAU-TV that the man is a grandfather who had worked at the restaurant for 20 years.