PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say a pizza deliveryman was critically injured when he was ambushed and shot in north Philadelphia.
Officials say the 67-year-old man was lured by an apparent false call to the neighborhood at about 9 p.m. Monday and confronted by three men.
Sgt. Scott Small said one of the men shot him in the neck and the three fled, taking the pizza. It was unclear whether anything else was taken.
The man was rushed to Temple Medical Center, where he was reported in critical condition after surgery.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
The victim’s co-workers told WCAU-TV that the man is a grandfather who had worked at the restaurant for 20 years.