PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh officials are reviewing the violent arrest of a man by five city officers, an encounter recorded by a bystander and posted to Facebook.
The 52-second video shows one officer, in particular, punching the man on the ground while saying, “Stop resisting” Tuesday night near PPG Paints Arena. Officers can be heard cursing, and one calls for a Taser.
Police spokeswoman Sonya Toler says force was used because 47-year-old Daniel Adelman, of Ravenna, Ohio, allegedly interfered with the arrest of another man wanted on a forgery warrant.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Adelman, and he doesn’t have a listed phone number.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
The city’s Office of Municipal Investigations and Citizen Police Review Board are reviewing the arrest.
None of the officers has been placed on leave.