PITTSBURGH (AP) — A Pittsburgh chiropractor’s obituary is asking people to not vote for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, in lieu of sending flowers.
Jason Brown tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette he and his brother decided to include the line in their father’s obituary after recalling one published in August for a New Jersey woman: Elaine Fydrych (FID’-rich) had urged her loved ones not to vote for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.
Brown’s father, Jeffrey Cohen, died Sunday at age 70.
Brown says his father didn’t request the line in his obit. Brown and his brother included it in their light-hearted remembrance thinking it would be “the perfect joke.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Analysis: French anger shifts from pension law to focus on Macron
- Lentils are just waiting for their 'hummus moment'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘We’ve lost the aqueduct’: How severe flooding threatens a Los Angeles water lifeline
- 5 planets will line up in a row above the Earth. Here’s how to view the rare event
Brown doesn’t know whether his dad was a Democrat or an independent. But he’s virtually certain his dad wasn’t a Republican and didn’t like Trump.
Information from: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, http://www.post-gazette.com