LOS ANGELES (AP) — Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio are set to star in Quentin Tarantino’s “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”
Sony Pictures says Wednesday that the film has been dated for a theatrical release on Aug. 9, 2019.
Set in 1969 Los Angeles, the project has become widely known as Tarantino’s Charles Manson film.
Neither DiCaprio nor Pitt will be playing Manson however. Tarantino says they will play a pair of struggling actors. DiCaprio will appear as former Western TV series star and Pitt as his stunt double. Their characters live next door to Sharon Tate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
A longtime resident of Los Angeles, Tarantino has been working on the script for five years. It will mark his ninth feature.