HARTFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Police say a pileup involving more than two dozen vehicles during heavy snow has snarled traffic on Interstate 94 in southwestern Michigan.
State police say the crashes happened Friday morning along the freeway’s westbound lanes in Van Buren County’s Hartford Township. Police say 17 semi-trucks and 12 passenger vehicles were involved in the crash and traffic was stopped for cleanup.
There were no immediate reports of severe injuries, but police say one person was pinned inside a vehicle for a short time.
Periods of heavy lake-effect snow were reported near Lake Michigan. The National Weather Service says that more snow into the weekend is expected to make travel hazardous in places on Saturday and Sunday. Police are urging motorists to use caution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers